Platinum Edge Credit Card
= The American Express® Platinum Edge Credit Card
Understanding how you’ll now earn points
As a result of awarding points in more places, and the increasing cost of rewards, we’ve had to make some changes to the Membership Rewards program. Your earn structure now includes a 0.5 points earn category as outlined below.
Your new points earn structure
|You'll Now Earn...||At...||When You Spend...|
|3 points||Major supermarkets in Australia1||$1|
|2 points||Major petrol stations in Australia2||$1|
|1 point||Everywhere else, excluding the providers below||$1|
|0.5 points||Utilities, insurance (excluding insurances offered by American Express),|
telecommunications providers and government bodies in Australia
This means you will earn 0.5 points for every dollar you spend in Australia at merchants classified as:
Rest assured, your existing points balance will not change, and your points never expire3. Additionally, the number of points required to redeem rewards remains the same.
More ways to use points
American Express Membership Rewards offers outstanding value, flexibility and variety when it comes to redeeming points. And now we have added more options for you to choose from:
-You can continue to redeem 1 Membership Rewards point for 1 frequent flyer point at Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and now with Thai Airways International Royal Orchid Plus, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles™,Malaysia Airlines Enrich and our newest airline partner Etihad Guest4.
-Or redeem with Air New Zealand Airpoints™ where 100 points equates to 1 Airpoints Dollar™
If you have any questions about the Membership Rewards program or would like to learn more, please call us on 1300 363 276.
- “Major supermarkets” are Bi-Lo, Flemings, Safeway, Woolworths, Coles, IGA, Franklins, Fishers, Fresh Provisions, Food For Less, Supabarn, Macro Wholefoods. Applies to transactions in Australia only.
- “Major petrol stations” are BP, Shell, Caltex Woolworths, 7-Eleven, Woolworths Petrol, Safeway Petrol, Peak & Gull. Applies to transactions in Australia only.
- There is no expiry date for points earned while in the program so long as you are a Cardmember, you are enrolled in the program and all your accounts with us are kept in good standing and are not overdue.
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program in which you are actively enrolled. To transfer points into an airline/travel partner program you must be a member of the relevant airline/travel rewards partner program. Membership of the airline/travel rewards partner program is the Cardmember’s responsibility. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable partner program and ajoining fee may apply.
- Partner Terms and Conditions apply. Available to Australian enrollees who reside in Australia only. Webjet Marketing Pty. Ltd. ACN 063 430 848, ABN 8406 3430 848. Part of the Webjet Limited Group. Travel Agent Licence No. 32282.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085) Australian Credit Licence No. 291313.® Registered Trademark of American Express Company.